Looking for a Reputable Rotax 4-Tech Mechanic???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gacekj

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey All -- I purchased a 2004 Sea Doo Speedster in August this past summer and am having a hard time finding a reputable mechanic in the NW Indiana / SW Michigan area to service it. A few dealers in the area, but are saying that, since they had not sold Sea Doo jet boats (they currently sell PWCs), they do not service them (at least not beyond simple oil changes / tune-ups, which I can do myself).

Anyone out there with recommendations? Thanks in advance!

You could try Lake Effect Powersports up near Sister Lakes, MI. I have a 2004 sportster as well, and several years ago when I acquired the boat I had them do some jet pump work and they seemed pretty fair. I think they actually sold Seadoo boats back then, no idea if they would touch them anymore. As the years go on it is getting harder and harder to find folks to work on these machines, a shame really. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will be my own mechanic going forward.

You might want to look for dealers that sell the Scarab jet boats, they might be more receptive to working on Seadoo boats since the propulsion system is Seadoo...

If you find anyone in the area post back, always good information to have filed away.

Thanks for the tip -- I will contact them. Also thought of the Scarab angle, knowing they are also powered by Rotax engines, so I'll look around for those dealers as well. Someone also referred me to Main Channel Marina down in Syracuse, IN, so another prospect I can look into. I'll post back anything I find in the spring, when I get the boat out of storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back