Looking for a 150 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRKK11

Hey all, new here... I've been looking for a 150 Speedster and have a few questions... I want a boat with a wake tower, bimini, and at least the 215hp option....
It seems the tower is discontinued through Sea Doo. Are they available aftermarket? Are they possible to install on a boat that didn't come with a tower on it? Or do I need to find a boat with a tower already on it?

Are there certain model years to stay away from (common problems, etc.)?

What is the difference between the 215 and 255? Like, what gives the 255 the extra 40 hp? Is the 215 easily upgradeable to 255? Is there a huge felt difference between the 215 and 255?

How are these boats with pulling a 230lb slalom skiier?

What are some major things to look out for when I'm looking at these boats?

Thanks in advance

Hi I have a 2007 sportster 215 hp with tower and with supercharger, good shape except engine damage from prior owner. If interested let me know. It is in Denver CO. $7500

No thanks.... I'm in IL, so that's pretty far, plus I'd rather not buy something I have to fix right away. I appreciate the offer though.

Anybody have any answers to my questions at all? Looking for a little guidance here. Thanks

I did look at Monster Tower and it seems like they are actually pretty easy to install on a boat that didn't have a tower from the factory. Anybody ever deal with them or install one of their towers?

The difference in power is an upgraded supercharger and bigger fuel injectors. You can turn a 215 into 255 by going with an x charger and 42 lbs fuel injector

You can still get the OEM Bimini tips from ANP Canada. They make them to order now. They used to be the company that made them for the dealers

You can add aftermarket towers, but people warn of strength issues and broken mounting points as they're not re-inforced like they are from the factory.
>>>Factory installed is probably both a more economical and stronger option

prior to 2009 (or maybe 2008) the SC washers need to be replaced, but that's done with a rebuild which you should probably do when you get the boat, unless there's a recent documented rebuild already.

I've read mixed reviews on upgrading a 215. As @incognito2428 said above, you can add x-charger and injectors to raise power, but some say you fall short of 255HP with new intercooler and perhaps other mods. Worth the price to me even for only 240HP if you get a good deal on a 215HP....more power!

No experience pulling a skiier but my 2012 150 260HP does a wakeboard decent with 3 people on board pulling a 4th.
>>>You can feel the wake boarder holding you back, but my boat has more than enough power to overcome

Check the over all condition of a boat; in my mind, a boat that's been cared for cosmetically is more likely to be cared for mechanically, but you can never know unless they have detailed service records. Look for the SC service records specifically and be prepared to have it sent out to be rebuilt as soon as you get it. Check the hull..

I don't know where you are in in IL, but I bought my boat in Canada, and the exchange rate is even better now! $1 USD = $1.4 CAD !!!
>>>Message me if you want tips on doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back