Looking at buying a 2012 210 S

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lincoln3x7

Hello,

Im going to look at a 2012 210 S with around 50 hours. Thoughts about this model? I know the single engine and supercharger come with some drawbacks... but if the price was very good, would it be a solid buy (around 12k)? What to look for when inspecting? I have owned a 2012 GTI SE 130 since new and love how it has held up... but this would be my first boat purchase. Thanks!

I'd test drive a single engine and then try a twin. We have a twin and love it. Nothing like having a spare motor should you lose an engine while. At least you can get home without waiting hours for sea tow.

We'll be selling our 2012 210 SE next spring. Wifey wants a boat we can overnight on. We are looking at 35 footers at the moment.

the single engine and supercharger come with some drawbacks...

Personally, $12k sounds like you won’t be in a bad $$$$ position at all. You might not like the a lack of thrust in wind, current, seas, or with six+ people aboard. Are you boating in a small lake or ocean?

With the low engine hours and assuming the engine was well taken care of, it should be a nice boat. We have a single engine 180 SE (255mph) that carries 8 people pretty easy. It does take a little more to get moving with a full boat, but once on plane it runs pretty quick (still around 47 mph). If its just me and the wife, we get closer to 56 mph. The extra space on the 210 would be very nice.

The supercharger issue should not be as big of a deal on a 2012.

$12k sounds like a decent deal for that boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back