Looking at 210 SP tomorrow - any input?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The price they gave me was fair, that is why I traveled that far. I got the boat for $2,000 off MSRP. The MSRP was $25,999, I paid $24,000 and invoice was $22,000. Oh, another thing about Hidden Trails, they lie about EVERYTHING. First they said they had the boat in stock when I first contacted them, then, when I found out they had only two boats in inventory, they said they located it for me from a dealer in Florida and it would cost ME $500 for them to get it. THey sprung this on me AFTER we made the deal for the boat. After much haggling, we agreed to split the cost of delivery. When I got the Certificate of ORigin, it showed the boat actually came from a dealer near them in Tennessee. Another lie in a long list of lies. I am an easy going guy and am very fair when I purchase stuff, I never beat dealers up over price since i understand they are in business to make money to keep the doors open. I'm also not a push over, but to see how Hidden Trails does business, I wouldn't buy another boat from them even if it was 50% off. NOT worth the hassle.

I know that Schronce has a lightly used 2011 Sea Doo 210SP and a 2012 Challenger 210 in stock. I would really urge you to call Martha, she is the best person/company to deal with. You would be surprised how a bad buying experience can sour your enjoyment of your new, very expensive purchase. I hope this helps, good luck with it and let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help.

Hm really? Well they said it was in their showroom till a couple weeks ago - but I swear the image they had of the boat on boat trader is now gone (only the 5 stock images remain) so who knows what the deal is with that.

I was open to the idea of Schronce but their website didn't list anything in stock? I also wouldn't mind the used boat thing but I miss out on the 3 YEAR BRP warranty and some amazing financing offers which is a big deal. I'll call them and just ask.

Schronce has a nice website, but they do not have all their current inventory listed. They are a large volume dealer as well with a lot of pull with Sea Doo, whatever they don't have, they can get for you. If you go with the preowned boat, they can sell you a three year warranty at a great price as well! Good luck, Martha is extremely sincere and genuine, I have no doubt she will take great care of you. My name is Paul Mlinko, in case you want to mention my name or where you heard about them. Once again, good luck, this is a very exciting time for you!

Sounds like U want the 210 SP! I got 27hrs on mine from last summer. Awesome boat; fun to drive; gets on plane instantly. It has a really nice fit & finish. I am in northern Canada & paid $44 including travel, storage covers & the 4 yr BRP warranty. Taxes were extra. I think MSRP is a couple G's lower on 2012's. Mine tops out @ 44 mph with 1/2 tank of fuel & the family on board. I was hoping to hit low 50's but not this one. My buddy claims he runs 55 mph + in his 180 challenger. I call B.S. because when i'am behind him; he isn't pulling away from me fast enough to be 10 mph more! Still; 40 mph feels pretty fast! The gas mileage depends on how you like to drive. If you keep it around 5500 rpm; you will run around 25 mph & burn about 7 gph according to my computer. Open it up to 6500 rpm +; & U can burn 15 gph +!
I average about 9 gph with a combo of cruising & pulling the tube. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info everyone - SDIII, I'm waiting on a call back from them, apparently you bought the last 210 they had ;)

I just googled Sea Doo dealers and called about 15 places since NONE actually list their boats for sale anywhere. I found a 210SP @ 43,999 out the door (lowest he'd go, was saying 45200)

BUT I've got two places at $45000 for a 210 Wake (twin 155s not SC) - which I think is an absolute steal compared to the prices I'm looking at for a 210SP. For some reason the wake MSRP is $3500 more than the SP, yet out the door the dealers end up within 1k of eachother. For the extra 1k I'd rather have the 4x halogen light bar, 4x tower speakers, and the badass full-color touch screen info center with the digital ballast control and nav (my favorite feature, since I won't have to drill into the dash for my Garmin). I've grown to love the colors of the wake as well.

You can't go wrong with whatever you choose! EstorilM, is your tag name related to a light blue M3 car??? Just curious since I've owned one. If you want, since Martha has been emailing me, I can let her know to take good care of you. PM me your real name and I can let her know you have interest in Sea Doo boats!

Paul

You can't go wrong with whatever you choose! EstorilM, is your tag name related to a light blue M3 car??? Just curious since I've owned one. If you want, since Martha has been emailing me, I can let her know to take good care of you. PM me your real name and I can let her know you have interest in Sea Doo boats!

Paul

Hahaha good guess - yup back in the day, and the name stuck - this was the only decent shot I still have of it http://www.athomasphoto.com/M3_01.jpg

I talked to Dave earlier and again a few minutes ago and you're right - they really are one of the few dealers that sell a lot of boats because they're good people and not because they just shove product out the door or in your face. He located a couple 210SPs and is going to give me the news tomorrow morning as far as an actual price goes.

Awesome car, love the pic! That car was a true race car out of the box! Make sure you talk to Martha too, she is the owner and very hands on. I hope it all works out for you with them, I know that customer service is a dying breed and they are one of the very few dealers left that get it.

Hey estorilm, did u get a boat yet??? I just took delivery of mine today and Martha told me to tell u they found a 2012 210 sp for u but don't have a correct phone number for you. Give them a call if your still in the market.

Hey estorilm, did u get a boat yet??? I just took delivery of mine today and Martha told me to tell u they found a 2012 210 sp for u but don't have a correct phone number for you. Give them a call if your still in the market.

That's the second time they've lost my number!! :ack:

I'm all over the place honestly - I've got two places down to 44 and 45 on a 2012 wake, and I don't expect to find much of a deal on the SP since most of these places just offer to do an inventory swap. Out the door I'm probably looking at the SAME price on the wake vs the SP right now, but I'll talk to Dave tomorrow and see what the deal is with that boat.

I've also found a 2011 210 wake demo with 20 hours (first service performed) for 42, but personally I think that's a total rip off for a USED boat that's ALSO a 2011 (for the wake this is significant since the 2011s did NOT have the extra speakers, LED light bar on tower, or the touch screen LCD / NAV w/ digital ballast system like the 2012s) - it IS however the 430hp SCIC version.

The sea doo demo tour came to town over the weekend and OF COURSE the freaking 210 SP was out of commission with a busted reverse gate cable (doesn't bug me considering it was 2 years old and had been in mostly salt water / beaten up on the road nonstop) - but the one I did drive was a 2010 210 challenger with the twin 215s. I must say I really love the sound of the engines coming off idle when the superchargers spool up. The boat wasn't quite as fast as I thought it would be, but I think it is how most of the jets are these days. Hopefully the 310hp package is mostly hole-shot and not top end compromise (usually the case with the high-end efficiency issues of jets). The sea doo guy did say that at most demos the 210 SP will go the entire day on a tank of gas while the 430hp challengers would need to refuel around 4 or so each time. I've seen fuel flow charts from boat test on this forum and the difference (even at ECO / cruise) is still significant.

I called hidden trails AGAIN today and actually got some response from them - they are supposed to send me images of the boat ASAP. I specifically told them to find any flaws (to make me feel better haha - perhaps it's reverse psychology on them) and that no amount of paperwork we do is going to prevent me from walking away if this thing isn't in showroom condition when (if) I get there. :angelsad: - but even at their asking price of 38 out the door, the thing is such a steal that I can't ignore it. Did you see this boat when you went there? it's an '11 so it must have been there..

Last edited by a moderator:
When you call tomorrow, speak to Martha ( the owner ). I am sooooooo impressed with her, she really cares about her clients and their happiness! She did say they tried the number they had for you and it didn't work. The salesperson probably wrote it down wrong. I did see the 2011 they have and it's showroom perfect. It was so clean I thought it was the one I was picking up. I needed the 3.99 financing so I didn't even consider it, probably should have and just found my own financing. I am not a fan of the supercharged engines since they suck down fuel twice as fast and need rebuilding every 100 hours. If you want my advice, stick with the 210 Sp. there is a reason why the dealers can't move the wake models. Let me know how it goes, I hope you go with Schronce, they treated me like a king and made my purchase the best experience ever!

When you call tomorrow, speak to Martha ( the owner ). I am sooooooo impressed with her, she really cares about her clients and their happiness! She did say they tried the number they had for you and it didn't work. The salesperson probably wrote it down wrong. I did see the 2011 they have and it's showroom perfect. It was so clean I thought it was the one I was picking up. I needed the 3.99 financing so I didn't even consider it, probably should have and just found my own financing. I am not a fan of the supercharged engines since they suck down fuel twice as fast and need rebuilding every 100 hours. If you want my advice, stick with the 210 Sp. there is a reason why the dealers can't move the wake models. Let me know how it goes, I hope you go with Schronce, they treated me like a king and made my purchase the best experience ever!
Oh nice, yeah he mentioned the '11 they had but like you, the 3.99 and 3 year warranty is too good to pass up.

I guess forgetting my number is only fair since I can't for the life of me ever remember how to say / spell the name of the damn dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back