Looking at 2014 GTX Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

peytonvp

Hi,

I am new to the forum and I know that there have been many other posts similar to this in the past but many are more dated and I wanted to know if there are any other issues that people are more aware of now.

I am looking at two 2014 Seadoo GTX 215 Limited that have low hours. I wanted to know what I should be looking out for in particular with them. I am familiar with skis and own other brands but have not had Seadoos since the old xps.

Also, the ride plates seem to be a little pitted with some corrosion. Is this common? The skis are freshwater-only skis.

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

You should have the superchargers rebuilt , major headache if those go. Limited lifespan on the bearings and if they have not been rebuilt since new they would have ceramic washers which are another problem. Check the condition of the impellers and wear rings , look at the plugs for color , water etc. Check the oil , color etc.

The did stop using ceramic washers by 2008/9 so you're good there but they are still maintenance items that need to be rebuilt every few years due to the bearings failing. A little pitting on the ride plates is pretty common even for freshwater skis. The main thing is ride them and make sure they go around 68mph.

What makes the bearings fail from sitting? I understand how they could go bad with usage but I do not get how a bearing just goes bad.

They have plastic ball bearing spacers that become brittle in time and break apart when the sc is turning at 35,000 rpms. You end up with ball bearing in your motor housing and a lot of damage. Engine will need to come out and completely gone through.

Back