LONG - LISTEN to the Experts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

greyrider

Here's my story:
Found the Only campground in NY that lets you put a dock in at your site (literallly 20 ft from site) since the only 3 campgrounds in NY that brag about allowing power boats make you walk to the marina. Have a 2000 LRV - the beast - put it in the first day and friends took out the plugs prior to launch to 'help me drain it' since it rained.
SUNK
Superman (every campground has one, the guy that can fix anything) shows up and saves it with a custom built high speed pump.

Anyway - pulls plugs, blows it out (and by the way I studied this site to the point of losing my mind to try to know how to fix what might go wrong) (the lrv was a gift from my brother since he was bored of it and got a sportster or speedster - not sure the one with the tower adn aft facing seat)

so he gets it running and back in the water i break it in like its new like i am supposed to.

next day the wear ring goes. probably from sitting for 2 years but maybe from some s..t in the jet.

order the part and Ithaca Recreation comes through and i have the part in 36 hrs with no extra overnight charge.

then, i forget to put the spacer pllate back on in the dark and overdrive the bolts to the point they strip out the threads - back them out - re drill and get new stainless bolts with new nuts to back them up to the proper tension.

all back together on day 5

company coming - they want to ride

Keep in mind that i am at a campground with no WIFI this entire time and cannot refer to the search posts that could have helped me avoid many of these problems, TImmy or Snipe , Bill ,Waterworx, or many others i have researched would have helped me avoid this...

week 3
my daughter takes it out (no WC around here) and docks it and then CLICK!\
CLICK again

i remember many posts i have read so i try to jump the solenoid - nothing
hit start - click
so i am immediately thinkng starter - WRONG

i had a multi-meter in my camper but was to lazy to get it so i "KNEW" it was the starter relay - WRONG

I made 7 phone calls to find one and then drove 1 1/2 hrs to get one for $30 only to find out that after I hooked the new one in , the slight movement of the 'RED' line from the batttery revealed a 'rub' short in that line so not enough juide was creating the click in the relay, AND the click or no voltage to jumping the solenoid.

MORAL: do the basics, like everyone here says, \
NEVER assume anything. Test it.
USE : the cheap tools, like a multi
READ: EVERY THREAD...I have read threads that seam useless, but ONE post has a suggestion or idea that may apply to your problem.

MANY thanks to the group. I love being a part of the 'many' fools instead of being the ONLY genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back