Listing to the port side (sitting unevenly)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

NoisyCricket

I have a 2017 Sea Doo Spark 3up. I purchased it in May. I noticed that it was not tracking straight and also was sitting in the water with the left (port) side closer to the water than the right. I took it to the dealer, and they adjusted the steering cable. They said that this corrected the tracking. They also told me there was nothing that they could do about it sitting unevenly (listing), because all pwc's do that as they are all heavier on one side than the other. I'm looking for some feedback on this subject to see if this is true or if my dealer just can't figure out how to fix it.

I have a 2017 Sea Doo Spark 3up. I purchased it in May. I noticed that it was not tracking straight and also was sitting in the water with the left (port) side closer to the water than the right. I took it to the dealer, and they adjusted the steering cable. They said that this corrected the tracking. They also told me there was nothing that they could do about it sitting unevenly (listing), because all pwc's do that as they are all heavier on one side than the other. I'm looking for some feedback on this subject to see if this is true or if my dealer just can't figure out how to fix it.

That may be true what the dealer is saying, but in all the jet skis (including my two sparks) that I've owned, I've never noticed such a thing.

btw...I'm originally from WV. Go Mountaineers!

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2-up generally sits even... the only time it's not even when riding is when my daughter (who weighs 70 lbs) is in front of me and i have to lean one way or the other to see... Other than that, sometimes i sit unevenly along after taking a turn hard and have to re-adjust... i notice i'm a little uneven before i notice that i'm sitting uneven.

Sitting in the water, not moving, and nobody on it, all my Sea Doo's have seemed pretty well balanced.

Does the 3-up pontoon have a drain plug? I have seen pontoons on pontoon boats that get some water in one and it sits uneven, maybe the design lets water collect on one side or the other?

Also, what is the difference? Is it a fraction of an inch or inches? Inches would be an issue for me... it would go back to the dealer with a complaint. 1/2 inch i don't think i'd notice as much and would probably not care.

BRP wouldn't manufacture a unit that wasn't balanced in the water, that would be poor engineering. The cable has nothing to do with the unit just sitting in the water. Call a BRP Rep, escalate!

Back