Leveling boat while on trailer to check fluids

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

briancayko

I like to check all my fluids in the driveway before setting out to the lake. Where should I be placing a level (engine, trailer, etc. ) to adjust the jack to simulate the boat floating in water?

I brought a level with me on the water yesterday to see what the engines looked like floating still. It showed the engines slanting down towards the front quite a bit so that when your floating still they are not level. I suppose they level out when the back end drops & you take off & then perhaps they’re level during plane but as far as leveling it on the trailer to check fluids I assume it should be sitting about the same as when it’s floating still?
I don know it will read low if you have the front end raised up slightly it even gives a low oil pressure light on the dash if you start it in that position even though it is “full” when checked on the water right afterwards & then No light on during operation on the lake at any point .

I just checked my repair manual and it doesn't mention anything about the position of the boat. The dipstick may be located where angle of boat weather on trailer or water doesn't affect the reading.

Oil Level Check.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back