Lets talk Impellers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill74

So I run a 05 Wake 155HP, Its great for towing and gets out of the hole quickly. I am not sure what impeller it has on it, But I am curious what impellers would be a good replacement. We really don't tow very much, but liked the style and capabilities of having a Wake series should we take our kids out on it to tow. I am planing on building a 2nd impeller assembly so I would be able to have two to choose from one for towing and one for cruising distances. Thoughts and what pitch impellers would be good for each category. Please add links if you wish but also add in its ability and capability.

Keep in mind that seadoo is one of the best manufacturers for picking the correct impeller for their ski so there isn't really too much to be gained by an aftermarket impeller.

That being said one of the best in the business is Skat-Trak and they still make them in house and answer their phone with a human. Call them and ask for Glen and he will set you up with whatever custom pitch you want.

Hey bill, i have a 2015 Wake 155, had it since new.

The fastest i could ever get it was 98km/h on the stock impeller.
In desperation to see triple figures i went out and got a Solas 11/19 excited to see my numbers come up i took it out and only saw 94/95km/h top end with no noticable difference on bottom
I was baffled? Why would they market this impeller for my ski saying it will increase top end??
Anyways it was obvious that it was too steep for the power my ski is making so i got a vtech 175hp tune which did pretty much nothing except raise the rev limiter... still frustrated about it actually.

I know a guy with a GTI130 SE flashed to 155 who reckons he sees 100km/h with a solas 10/18, whos to say thats BS though.... but the 10/18 will be my next step hopefully it allows the engine to rev out a bit more i want to get a Skat Trak but i dont have anything to base off. Goodluck.

Like I said, call Skat-Trak and talk to Glen. They actually make and pitch the impellers in house. Don’t just buy off a chart.

I thank you guys for your help. I was just looking find one pump for speed and another for towing the kids. I can change my pump assembly in about 20 min, and was looking to only have to change the assemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back