left motor dies/bogs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Left motor of 96 speedster dies and/or bogs heavy at full throttle. Could be a carb issue?

Sure sounds like a carb issue , Sounds like fuel starvation , Clean and replace any crusty parts, Do you have a in line fuel filter , I would put one in , I use a Honda Marine in line water seperating fuel filter with a clear bowl and drain .
Could be a not fully opened choke also so check that first .

Last edited by a moderator:
Carbs....

It does sound like you have a fuel problem.

Do you have the grey fuel lines in it? If so, this may be your problem.

When was the last time the carbs were rebuilt? The carbs also have a micro mesh filter. You can access the one on the MAG cylinder fairly easy once the air box is removed. You'll see a plate about 3" square, facing the gas tank. There will be a small hose on it going to the block of the engine (that's the pulse line). Take out those 4 screw head bolts and gently remove the fuel pump assy (careful not to tear the gaskets). Behind the check valve plate, you'll see a small, white basket. This is the micro filter. Check it to see how dirty it is. If it's full of junk, then you'll have to pull the PTO carb to get to that one and I'd recommend that you rebuild them both. :cheers:

It does sound like you have a fuel problem.

Do you have the grey fuel lines in it? If so, this may be your problem.

When was the last time the carbs were rebuilt? The carbs also have a micro mesh filter. You can access the one on the MAG cylinder fairly easy once the air box is removed. You'll see a plate about 3" square, facing the gas tank. There will be a small hose on it going to the block of the engine (that's the pulse line). Take out those 4 screw head bolts and gently remove the fuel pump assy (careful not to tear the gaskets). Behind the check valve plate, you'll see a small, white basket. This is the micro filter. Check it to see how dirty it is. If it's full of junk, then you'll have to pull the PTO carb to get to that one and I'd recommend that you rebuild them both. :cheers:

Do you have a recomended in line filter to prevent this in the future ? I always prefer water seperating !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back