Learning key

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrcanter

My 2001 Sea-Doo GS only came with the learning key.... what’s the best way to get a regular key? And price range? Thanks

Either take it to a dealer or send your mpem to Minnetonka4me who’s a member on here to have a key programmed.

The dealer will make a key for you. If I remember, it cost me about $75 CDN per key in 2015 (yes, I lost both my keys by hauling the ski on the trailer with little compartment not secured... keys gone with the wind...).

There is no such thing as a learning key on a GS. Only the DI models have learning key.

I saw on this forum (I think) that another owner had reversed keys: the green was the real one and the yellow was the learning key (obviously and error). So with that in mind, you could be having a "green" key working just as a regular one. I guess the color means nothing when it comes to programming.

Benji.

What I meant is that I think that a yellow key is just the same as a green key. It's only in the programming that makes the difference.

I have 2002 Sea doo GTI LE that won’t go pass 35 mph. The key is yellow and black. Some people have been telling me it must be a learning key. Is it? If it’s not, then what could be the issue?”

Only the DI 951 had the learning key on the 2-strokes from my knowledge. Isn't yours a 787 RFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back