Lacking top end and quickness

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

eugkim

I recently purchased a 2015 GTX iS 260 Limited. I already had one, and loved it so much that I decided to get another one when I saw it for sale locally. It had 90 hours and was in very good shape. We've been using it for about a week, and I've noticed that, compared to the other ski, it definitely lacks a little bit of quickness and top speed. The hole shot isn't bad, but seat of the pants say that it's not quite as quick. At the top end, it pulls pretty hard until about mid 50's, then slowly gets to about 62; the other ski pulls consistently until hitting at least 67. Starting from rest, it hits 8000 RPM, then falls to about 7600. At top end, it's probably at 7700.

I checked the wear ring, and there's definitely scratching. Would this explain my issue?

Attachments

• 20170820_123606.jpg
    20170820_123606.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Usually a worn ring or impeller would cause the rpm to go higher or hit the rev limiter, I would look somewhere else. First check the side of the intercooler that goes to the engine for water inside, spark plugs is another, look at their condition and maybe that will tell you if there is a problem. Also see if the impeller is factory, aftermarket ones can cause rpm drops in non modified engines.

So I just came to the shore and ran my other ski. Now I realize how bad it is. The good one hits 8000 RPM immediately and gets to about 62 in about 3 or 4 seconds. It takes a couple more seconds to top off at about 68. Now I'm not even interested in driving the broken ski. I'm assuming it's not a warranty issue. I didn't know enough about Sea Doos when I bought it. Looks like a case of caveat emptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back