Just Saying Hi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone knows the ratio oil/gas for sportster LE > I dont know how big is the gas tank, oil pump just brook
and I want to enjoy the summer, here in connecticut, it's too short.
Thanks

40:1 is the proper mix. But yeah, what's broken?

Thanks,o babayjebus, I just put new motor on, and the company advise to eliminate the pump, connector where attached the hose to the oil pump is bended , so it's liking a lot of oil
And on my old motor I notice the motor wasn't smoking , so I think that's why it brook, I don't want to takes chance, I will mix manually for now on! Thanks for your help!!

Originally I planned to go with pre-mix when I bought my boat, but these guys talked me into servicing the injection system instead. So far I found one of the small hoses was cracked and leaking in several spots, but still connected. Also, the oil filters were deteriorating in a way I have never seen. The filters were .... worn through on several spots? Like the plastic was just sloughed off to the point that oil was oozing out through several spots. Neither of these oil system failures completely stopped the lubrication to to the motor, but it was damn close. I can see how it would be really nice to have the injection system working correctly, but that it needs to be inspected regularly or you will blow up your engine. I still think pre-mix is overall more reliable, but it has its disadvantages for sure. I have ran 32:1 pre-mix before and I used A LOT of oil, where as the injection system will be much more efficient, especially considering that the OEM synthetic oil that I bought is a little over $50 a gallon. 32:1 is a bit rich, but I figured if I was going to insure proper lubrication, might as well go all the way. Using the injection system, I plan to check my engine temperatures at least once during each days use, with a thermal heat gun. They are about $10 or so on eBay.

BENETECH-GM320-Infrared-Thermometer-50-320_600x600.jpg

They want you to premix so you arnt calling them up for a warranty claim on their motor, if you clean your oil system out, replace the filter and lines, blead the oil lines, and prime pump you will be good. It is important to use an OEM oil pump drive shaft you will be good. The oil is $50 a gallon and you hold over 30 gallons of gas. 30 gallons of premix takes 96 oz of oil. The oil injection is variable and uses far less oil, smokes less, and saves lots of money in the long run providing you dont have a failure in the oil system causing your motor to burn up. Do a little reading and you will see seadoo oil injection failures come from poor mantaince. The SBT oil pump drive shafts are known junk, do not use any but oem. I have 1 sbt motor in my boat and it has a broken oil pump shaft while the other non sbt motor has a 20 year old shaft still good, so when winter comes ill be gladly getting out of the premix club when i fix the shaft.

But you do need to premix the first tank per their instructions if you keep oil injection, or extra oil if you choose no oil injection

But you do need to premix the first tank per their instructions if you keep oil injection, or extra oil if you choose no oil injection

Where can I get a OEM oil pump ?
Do you you know how much they cost?
Just spented so much in my boat!

You can get the oil pumps on eBay pretty cheap. I decided to use my oil injection system on this boat, rather than going to pre-mix. Risky, but I'm ready to try it. I'm willing to inspect it regularly, and take a chance. I think it will be OK, as long as I maintenance it regularly and check my engine temps often. I have blown up engines with the injections system, but I have never have a pre-mix engine fail. If you pre-mix, you will spend a lot of money on oil. If you run the injection system, it will save you money, but you MUST inspect it often. My plan is to run 40:1 on my first gallon of fuel while I test the injection system, and then 50:1 or 60:1 pre-mix while using the boat and checking temps often with a temp gun, until I know for sure that my injection system is working reliably. There is no "right" answer. If a tube falls off or a bee goes into your oil tank when you not looking and plugs a line, your screwed. If you pre-mix, you will spend a fortune on oil.

Where can I get a OEM oil pump ?
Do you you know how much they cost?
Just spented so much in my boat!

Hi, I just rebuild my carburetors , I want to measure the
Presion on them , do you know how many psi
On low and high speed?

just got the low speed tuned< sound good, but when I put gas on, meaning shifter up 1/2 way it die on me any sugestion?

If you have 2 engines you will see the oil going down pretty easily. When I serviced it it for the first time was 13 years old and I was the 2nd owner. I replaced all the oil lines except for the rotary valve ones. Use pre-mix on the the first tank of gas and I used tape to mark the level of oil on the oil tank and using about 20-30 gallons of gas on 40 gallon tank the oil was down about 1/4-1/2 inch so you know the system is working for sure or you have an oil leak.

Just bought one thermal heat gun , like yours, what is the normal temp. For the piston? When should I be worry it's to hot?

On a dual engine boat, you test the cylinder head temps looking for abnormally high numbers compared to the other cylinders. If you have a single engine, check the temps on both cylinders.The temperatures should be close to the same, and under 200 degrees. Most normal gasoline engines run around 180 degrees.

When your motor starts to die, pull the choke and see if it revs up or if the rpms go down. If it goes up, you've got a carb problem somewhere. If it goes down, you've likely got a fuel supply issue which could be in the carbs, in the fuel selector valve, air leaking into the fuel/water filter, clogged fuel lines, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back