Just bought 2006 Sea-Doo RXP!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillaice

Should I be freaked out?

Was going through paperwork of repairs done.. I will let you look and let me know what you think. I have not owned a WaveRunner since the first Yamaha’s came out, so to say they have changed, is a bit of an understatement. Have been trying to read up on this wave runner. Too much information from my little brain to handle LOL . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks a lotimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

OK thank you sir for looking over the invoice sheet!!
Took it out yesterday for about 45 minutes and it did fine. But I am sure I will have more questions or concerns about the end of the da Took it out yesterday for about 45 minutes and it did fine. But I am sure I will have more questions or concerns by the end of the day. Me and my daughter are going to go ride for a little while.

Is there anything that I should look at, observe, etc. while riding or beforehand. Anything that has known to be a concern with this particular model? There is a lot more to consider with this wave runner compared to my old 90 model Yamaha. All you had to do was push the throttle and go..
Thanks again

They're pretty solid machines. Just sold one with 135hrs on it. Real rocket ships for mid range throttle. No clue what you have for hours, if it has never had the S/C done, do it, the newer kits don't use the ceramic washers so when they fail, they just quit going fast, when the ceramic versions fail, significant engine damage can come out of it. Also 04, 05 and _early_ 06 used hollow exhaust valves, they can snap and destroy a motor. No real truth to what 'early' is but if you were built 1st couple of months (on engine plate, front of motor, impossible to see) suspect it has them, if last 1/3 of 06, don't give them a thought. Poor storage practices seem to be the biggest cause of the valve failure. Aside from that, premium fuel, NEVER use automotive oils and ride the crap out of it!

The main thing I was concerned with was the comments/resolution. I am dumb as a box of hammers when it comes to cars, trucks, wave runners!! motors/engines etcimage.jpg

OK thanks disregard last message I posted that as soon as you posted your reply.

It has 80 hours on it. Paid $4400 and it came with for lifejackets and a knee board a wakeboard and an innertube. So that’s a plus.. for my daughter anyway .. image.jpg

$4400 is good, sold mine for $7000 cdn on a trailer so about $5500us, but it was truely mint for finish and covered with customer Cigarette Racing airbrush work and several coats of clear so it was a stand out for sure.

Attachments

• 20180701_102906.jpg
    20180701_102906.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 14
Yeah that is a short machine there. Yeah the low price was a little curious to me. I had been looking for three weeks and had not found one for that price newer than a 2004. May be a few but none that I was interested in.

Oh and was just outside checking it all out. Discovered that one of the drain plugs was left out while I was riding yesterday. Luckily I only rode for maybe 30 minutes and then took it right out. Didn’t ride it hard just used the learners key. So hopefully here In a few when I get to the lake everything will be OK no water around the motor right now and it did fine. I did not even know the thing had a drain plug, I do not remember old ones having it? I should have waited till today to put in! Like I said I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes!!

THey're semi idiot proof :) There's a check ball inside each drain, water can't flow in. Prob is the check balls can get hung by junk or oil slime so you certainly want to use a plug.

Yeah I put the plugs in before I left the house! I have momentary memory loss LOL
I Rode the piss out of it for about an hour. Can’t get over how quick and fast!! Nice calm water, had my eyes !!! Only complaints so far is neutral wants to fall back forward if not pulled back enough, and neutral and reverse pretty close together. I’ll get a good feel on it soon, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back