Jet ski lift

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
We have a cottage where we keep our new jet ski and I have been looking around to find a lift that would work best for us so we did not have to keep the unit on a trailer. I googled the subject and found a myriad of designs styles and pricing of lifts. Given we have a fixed dock we wanted a simple way to get the ski out of the water that was secure and easy. We settled on an electric cable driven swivel winch lift.
IMG_0457.jpg
One of the issues that you run into on such a lift is putting on the storage cover when the unit is suspended over the water which involved serious calisthenics. The swivel feature allows you to move the unit over the dock which makes it simple to put the cover on, wash and service the ski. Having the unit on the dock when you are not around makes me feel a little more sure the ski will be there when I come back the next weekend.IMG_0450.jpg
There are a couple of things about the lift I was not too keen about. The first is when you are coming in to dock with the lift you want to grab the lift to stop the momentum and what you see if a greased pole and cable system. Surely some sort of handle system to keep your hands off the drive mechanism would not be difficult to make and install, and secondly a stop at the front of the lift so the ski lines up with the lift at the right point each time. So off to the garage for some pipe bending and modifications to make this right.IMG_0495.jpg

Nice system.

I would see if you can get that electrical plug a little closer to the water, LOL.:cool:

Back