jet pump oil leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lithium2g

hey my left side pump on the 98 speedster is leaking pump oil as evidenced by it pooling in the venturi after 2 visits to the lake. i cant see exactly where its leaking from but assuming it is coming from the cone given the location. this is the pump that replaced the original 2 months ago that had catastrophic failure because of water intrusion. i just put that down to me making a mistake when i rebuilt it a few months prior.

anyhow i pulled the cone off and all seemed well. o-ring seemed to be in the right spot. there was some water in the cone but overwhelmingly oil came out. the bearings still feel smooth. as i was taking one of the 3 bolts that hold the cone in, it looked like some water came out of it... so maybe leaking in around the screws?

i know im capable of putting the pump back together properly since the right side has been working no problem.

i do not have the tools to do a pressure test as much as id like to.

im keen to build one myself but im struggling to find specific information on what parts are required.
id also happily pay for one that is pre built. but i tell you what im bloody confused with these tools. like theres pressure testers for engine compression, carby pop off and jet pump oil pressure test? are these all interchangeable with different fittings?

In my case I have a universal automotive handpump that you can use for many things ,pop off,crankcase and jetpump you just use different hoses and nozzels,tip etc. You can pump pressure or vacume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back