Isn't a new wear ring supposed to be tight with the impeller?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triorieel

I finally got my parts order today. So I get to work on my seadoos finally.

I pulled out the new impeller (solas concord 15/20) and slipped it into the new wear ring. There is a lot of gap. Completely different to what I was expecting. I have seen many videos where people are fighting to install the impeller.

I pulled out another new wear ring I bought previously and it to has the same gap. (toothpick almost fits between impeller and ring).

Is this because the ring isn't in the pump yet (which would mean I will be compressing it quite a bit) or do I have a problem before I start?

Also, do you guys recommend the putting a line of gasket sealer on the ring to stop it from spinning?

new prop in wear ring with toothpick gently placed for reference.
20170712_155752_HDR[1].jpg

It might get a little tighter when in the pump and the impeller will be better centered too.

What brand wear ring is it?

It is WSM brand. I got rained out today, so I will try it tomorrow and report back.

It's definitely not like what I have seen other people fight for tightness, and I was starting to wonder if it was the new prop.

As example: [video=youtube_share;e0v04jqe1NE]https://youtu.be/e0v04jqe1NE?t=7m2s[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is probably the WSM brand. Others have had them less than perfect too.

You will hear it over and over here but some things need to be OEM like wear rings, fuel selectors and carb kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back