Is a tune needed?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toyextuh

Hi I'm VERY new to this thread AND I'M new to boats in general so please be patient with me. I have NO KNOWLEDGE on boats. I'm a mechanic for cars and these are very different to me. I bought a used 99 speedster that doesn't run, and according to the owner, it was running last season until he unwinterized it. Boat would start and die immediately and/or start and after running for some time, shut it down and would not start again. It would ignite and try but dies down. He claimed he put a rebuild kit on the carbs, mikuni kit to be exact. A new rotary valve (which Idk what that is) and doesn't have the time to keep going. Compression is good in all cylinders at 140-150psi. I received the boat and did some research and found the pop off pressure to be bad one one engine, rear carb. The other engine (right side) starts up and actually stays running. Question is...I did a new spring for the pop off pressure and I got both engines running and stays running and even turned the screws to OEM 1.5 turns on low side, and 0 on high. I want to take this to the water and see if it actually drives well. Do I need to get it tuned at a shop so I'm not running the risk of going rich or lean??

Yes you are at risk but there is no "tune". Use the correct Genuine Mikuni parts and if everything is correct they will run perfect on the stock settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back