Inner Crank Seals Valve Trick isn't working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Strange as installing a valve on the oil feed line for the rotary valve chamber generally solves the inner crank seal leak between riding intervals. I've even checked to see if the valve was holdin. The engine must have a pretty bad leak cuz it locked up after a few months of sitting (my wife's ski has sat for 8 months and had not problem starting right up. This 2003 GTI LE RFI is a real foggin machine after a few days of sitting. My new plan will be to install another valve on the return line this by closing both valves the leak will have to pull a vacuum in order to drip. This may seem a bit extreme but the ski runs great and I am loath to take apart an engine that runs this well. I just did a top end and the crank felt good so I went with it. ha ha I have other schemes but I'm pretty sure this will get the job done. Then again... I could be wrong.. ha ha. I've even considered installing a separate oil tank with 75W-90 synthetic oil just to see what happens.

I do plan to have a look at the rotary valve seal just to make sure. I've also had the parting leaking in the rotary valve chamber.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back