Injectors not firing 2011 rxp 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince79

I took fuel rail off and it has plenty of pressure, (removing each one caused a lot of fuel to blow out, lots of psi)

Ski sat up for 3 years but only has 40 hours total (project boat), changed gas, cleaned tank, carb cleaned injectors, I think its electrical

Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:
Are you holding the throttle open while trying to start ?
If yes that’s a no no on 4tec engines at it puts the ECU in to flooded mode therefore no fuel or ignition

Have you checked all fuses

i believe its the dess keys, the leaner key says DESS error and the main one does nothing PO513 error code

for you guys that think keys never go out, both green and yellow keys, one of the rom chips just fell off, the other had no continuity, pic was after i cleaned a ton of rust off it, yellow key was only in 20 hours of brackish water from the already low salinity of the new orleans gulf coast. Ordered a Candoo home tool today as the dealer is backed up 6-9 months.

Attachments

• photo_2020-08-18_09-39-17.jpg
    photo_2020-08-18_09-39-17.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
You can put any key on there and it will energize the fuel pump as it just activates the reed with the magnet. Like mentioned, until you get 2 beeps all other troubleshooting on the engine is useless.

The good news is it looks like the keys are shot but you ordered the Candoo so you can prog a new key pretty easy.

You can put any key on there and it will energize the fuel pump as it just activates the reed with the magnet. Like mentioned, until you get 2 beeps all other troubleshooting on the engine is useless.

The good news is it looks like the keys are shot but you ordered the Candoo so you can prog a new key pretty easy.
(Or jump both black and black stripe wires) activates everything, even ignition to my surprise , everything except injectors pulse,..... the magnets were very weak on both my keys

Which wires did you jump? The DESS post wires? How did you activate the starter switch without a code being sent to the ECU?

You can find a way to jump the post and the solenoid but the ECU has no code so you will not start.

I am surprised though that in the jumped position you get spark, because from my understanding, no code = basically drown mode. (No spark, no fuel)

Do you have a key that gives you a 2 beep acknowledgment on the post? Again, until you have that you are wasting your time with any troubleshooting against a boat that will not start in my opinion.

If you get the 2 beep but still have no injector pulse from any injector, I would look at the harness and fuses first. It would be odd that they are all dead.

Which wires did you jump? The DESS post wires? How did you activate the starter switch without a code being sent to the ECU?

You can find a way to jump the post and the solenoid but the ECU has no code so you will not start.

I am surprised though that in the jumped position you get spark, because from my understanding, no code = basically drown mode. (No spark, no fuel)

Do you have a key that gives you a 2 beep acknowledgment on the post? Again, until you have that you are wasting your time with any troubleshooting against a boat that will not start in my opinion.

If you get the 2 beep but still have no injector pulse from any injector, I would look at the harness and fuses first. It would be odd that they are all dead.

, Yes the 2 wires on the 4 wire DESS that just completes the magnet circuit. on my 2010 RXP I still got a spark, but no pulse and no Starter (w/o a relay post jump). I get 2 beeps now with my new key, the old ones were shot (pics in previous post)....the magnets were also very weak, as my new one will pick up paper clips/staples/bolts.

the confusion is prob with grouping this ski with most others in thinking you can wake up the ECU without the key by pressing the start button first which ive seen incorrectly posted numerous times to diagnose.

Attachments

• fgdgsd.jpg
    fgdgsd.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 7
  • sdfgsdfg.jpg
    sdfgsdfg.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back