Impeller for 97 Challenger Single 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brownie545

Hey Everyone.

Looking to replace my old impeller with something equal or better at the low end. Currently running impeller PN 204160027 which according to the manual is 17/22. Very difficult to find the exact replacement from Seadoo. Solas offers an XProp of 16.5/23.5. Does anyone know how this would run? Would the Concord 15/23 for the 1800 impeller run better on my single 787?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Call Impros and tell them what you are looking for. If they don't have one, they will custom pitch one for you.

To save some money you can even send them your OEM one for refurbishment and repitching.

Thank you for the response. They did recommend reconditioning my stock impeller which I may do in the offseason. Since I was looking for something a little sooner I went with the Solas Concord 15/23. I will report out results since there doesn't seem to be much info out there on this for my exact model boat.

Thank you for the response. They did recommend reconditioning my stock impeller which I may do in the offseason. Since I was looking for something a little sooner I went with the Solas Concord 15/23. I will report out results since there doesn't seem to be much info out there on this for my exact model boat.
looking forward to it I have them same boat

First attempt didn't go well. New wear ring and seal with that impeller and it immediately hits the rev limiter and doesn't accelerate. Going to pull it apart tomorrow and make sure there are no issues inside. Other than that I'll see if I can replace this with the 16.5/23.5.

So After pulling the boat out of the water after the previous failure I noticed I had some seaweed in the grate before the impeller. Cleaned that out and after feathering it out on the water to get it to plane it finally chewed up whatever was the issue in the pump and she ran fine. Decent acceleration and about 43-45 mph max. This is much better than my stock impeller but keep in mind my stock impeller was in very bad shape.

FWIW Cavitation due to bad shaft seal can cause similar symptoms to a partial clog of the pump passage.

Glad you are back up and running.

Just want to put this out there in case anyone else is looking for an impeller for this boat. The solas I selected only ran for a short period then couldn't get past 5k RPM. Went all out and bought a Skat Trak 17/22 thinking this would be the best impeller for this boat. Still stuck at 5k RPM. Found an OEM impeller in rough shape on ebay for this boat, which wasn't easy. Hits 7K rpm and runs fairly well. Seems like this boat only has one option for an impeller.

Don’t mess with the aftermarket impellers and don’t try to use anything from the skis. If you have any questions call Impros.

I have a 1996 challenger with single 787 and have been running with a skat trak swirl 17/22 with no issues. Does 45mph max on smooth water. I bought the impeller from Impros. So I would have to say something is not right for you to not be able to go over 5000 RPM. I am not sure what, but the 17/22 should work.

Interesting. I thought this impeller would be an upgrade to the boat. Felt like I didn't have enough power to push it. Couldn't find anything with the engine that would cause this. I will double check the pump and see if I can find any issues. Appreciate your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back