IDF on 2022 Trophy

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsonjf

Good Afternoon,

I picked up my 2022 Trophy this past Saturday and everything seems to be alright except for the IDF system. The dealership I ordered from had 3 of these units come in at the same time, their first 3 units for the Trophy. All 3 units had the same issue, the IDF was disabled from the factory, we discovered this on the new buyer walk around. The service tech spent about 2 hours trying to figure out why after he enabled the IDF using their computer system the IDF system still would not function.

With this being the first delivery of the Trophy from this dealership they had no idea what was happening. From my view point, if this happened on all 3 of the units they received from BRP I wonder if this is an issue with all units of this model.

I traveled about 5.5 hours one way to pick up my unit and I wasn’t leaving without it. So I dragged it home and once they discover what the problem is I will take it to a local dealer to get it fixed.

Anybody know what is happening or had the same experience?

Jeff

Last edited:
Just got a call from my dealer. It appears there is a software issue with all models equipped with the IDF. BRP is hoping to have a solution by March 20th and once that is available we just have to return to a dealer and have the software updated.

I hope it works that easily.

Jeff

Hi Jeff
I am picking mine up in the next 2 weeks so I will let you know if I have the same issue here in New Zealand.

On a slightly different topic with the Trophy, all models shipped to New Zealand and Australian don’t have the pedestal or the backrest for the modular seat as seadoo reckon the modular seat shouldn’t be used off shore and only used on calm lakes.
I still want to purchase the pedestal and backrest separately if possible, do you know if this can be purchased from USA? Or is there a part number on these items? I would really appreciate some advice on this if possible as I was really disappointed to find this out.

I will let you know about my IDF state as soon as I get my new ski.

Kind regards
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back