Idf not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattgrz

My idf doesn’t engage. I shut the motor off press the idf button and nothing happens, no message on screen, nothing. Dealer doesn’t seem to know, they replaced the switch, still nothing, they think it might be in the cluster or in the wiring in the steering column? They have no idea. Anyone else come across anything like this? It’s a 2021 gtx limited.

Have you used it before and it stopped working? Here is a video that shows the steps.

By the way, I believe this is the same system on the FishPro and they are have issues with the impellers on those.

Thank you for the info. It’s never worked. I’m pretty sure these are the same steps that I’ve been taking.

They had early alignment issues at the factory with some oil connections, your dealer should know about it. They replace the whole unit, the new idf is going in all their new skis so the part is backordered for warranty repairs.

I've got a pair of 2022 GTX 230 with IDF and sound on order!
I have heard of issues with IDF - of ending up stranded because of malfunction. Hopefully that is worked out with the 22 models. If IDF works on the floating eel grass that is a problem in Lake Guntersville, I will be one happy skier.

Mine was a broken wire that they found and fixed. Knock on wood IDF has been working beautifully ever since. Congrats on the skis! They are a blast.

i have the same issue on my new 2022 GTX 300. Did they say which wire was broken by any chance ?
They did not. All they said was it was a wire in the handle bar and they spliced it back together. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back