Identify these parts?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

I have no clue what I'm doing, trying to figure out what is what, any help is appreciated. What is the part circled in red and the one in blue? I have error codes 1200 and 1202. I'm going to buy a TOPS valve and a sensor? Also, where are the sensors I need located ? Is this a easy job to do? I'm 63 and trying to learn about seadoos, sort of mechanically inclined. 2004 Seadoo Wake Edition Thanks!

Attachments

• 2004 seadoo.jpg
    2004 seadoo.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 21
I have no clue what I'm doing, trying to figure out what is what, any help is appreciated. What is the part circled in red and the one in blue? I have error codes 1200 and 1202. I'm going to buy a TOPS valve and a sensor? Also, where are the sensors I need located ? Is this a easy job to do? I'm 63 and trying to learn about seadoos, sort of mechanically inclined. 2004 Seadoo Wake Edition Thanks!
Welcome to the club then...we all have to start somewhere....do an online search for the 2004 seadoo shop manual....i just found it and downloaded it but it is too big for me to send it to you.....Google it...it's readily available for free!

1200 = Blow-by valve shorted to ground or open circuit
1202 = Oil tank pressure switch implausible or blow-by valve still closed

Red circle is TOPS Valve (I think)...but I currently have no clue what that is at the moment, but I looked at the wiring diagram of your ski and it looks like that so I'm guessing it is.

ok got it....RED Circle is the TOPS Valve (Blow by), Blue circle is a solenoid valve...see attached file from your seadoo manual

Attachments

• 20190719141959.pdf
    237.9 KB · Views: 6
I did download that manual, but somethings don't look the same. I've also searched parts but can't seem to find TOPS in diagrams for parts. If something isn't exact, it's hard for me to figure out with all the wiring, plugs, etc.
I watch the blow by video a few times. but not sure how to take it off or order the new o rings, gaskets for it yet... still trying ! Thanks!

ok got it....RED Circle is the TOPS Valve (Blow by), Blue circle is a solenoid valve...see attached file from your seadoo man

I have read that if TOPS is bad the RPMs go down into a limp mode, mine ran just fine except for error codes and beeping. I think I need to replace a sensor too.

I put the key in and I hear a hum, don't know if it's the TOPS valve or solenoid. I didn't hear a knock.
When I took the seadoo out on the water, it took about 5 minutes before beeping started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back