I might buy a Seadoo what should I look for?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo63

Hi eveyone, I am looking to buy a used 2001 Seadoo GTX, with about 65 hours and a top speed of about 60. What should I look for, what do you think the price should be, is it worth it. It would be very helpful to get some tips from you guys. Thanks.

Hi Zippo, right now is getting towards the better time to buy. Right before the season, and during you'll see the highest prices. Now that the season is ending, the demand isn't as high.

I'll give a start to things to look for, but i'm sure others can contribute more as well.

The most important thing I would check is compression, and read the spark plugs. This will tell you a lot about the condition of the engine. Also, just keep an eye for corrosion, rust, and other items that you know shouldn't be there.

Hi Zippo,
Check ebay out for used prices regulary.
And dont jump right on in there.

The one you want will turn up.:)

Yeah so... I think this topic also applies to me cause I need and buy one.

So....96 XP any good? Cuz that's what I was checking out lately...

Hi eveyone, I am looking to buy a used 2001 Seadoo GTX, with about 65 hours and a top speed of about 60. What should I look for, what do you think the price should be, is it worth it. It would be very helpful to get some tips from you guys. Thanks.
You don't want it to sink....I'm not joking....I bought my seadoos and didn't pay too much attention to the hulls. One of them had a pretty big size crack underneath and the reason I couldn't see it was the fact that it was hidden by the trailer skid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back