How to use compress air to remove water from exhaust on a speedster 200 NA

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
How to use compress air to remove water from the exhaust on a speedster 200 NA? Engines are 155 no supercharged.

I bought a fitting to connect to the rear of the pump. Do I just blow it? How long? What Psi? Any danger the water can go in the engine via the exhaust valves?

I've never used the compressed air method, but I've had good luck just cranking the engines and running them up to around 5K rpms for about 20 seconds then shutting down. Let everything cool for about an hour or so and do it once more. Water shoots out the first crank and so far I've not had water come out on the second crank.

How to use compress air to remove water from the exhaust on a speedster 200 NA? Engines are 155 no supercharged.

I bought a fitting to connect to the rear of the pump. Do I just blow it? How long? What Psi? Any danger the water can go in the engine via the exhaust valves?

This is what my 2010 Sea-Doo series service manual, which includes the 155 engine, says for storage procedures:

Exhaust System Protection

The exhaust system is self draining, but the exhaust manifold and intercooler (215 engine) need to be drained to avoid damages should the watercraft be stored in an area where the temperature attains the freezing point of water.
Using the flushing connector located at the rear of the vehicle, inject pressurized air (55 PSI) in the system until there is no more water flowing from the jet pump.

NOTICE. Failure to drain the exhaust manifold may cause severe damage to components.

Not sure if it pertains to a Sea-Doo boat with the 155.

Last edited:
Intercooler draining immediately precedes the exhaust draining in the manual which includes starting the engine and revving the engine to 4000 RPMs several times. It then says to stop the engine and reinstall intercooler outlet hose. There is no mention of restarting the engine before draining the exhaust system with compressed air. Also there is a service bulletin 2010-7 that says you can use 100 psi air pressure to drain the exhaust manifold except for iS series models which are restricted to the previous mentioned 55psi. Something to do with iS module maybe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back