How do i Install Ball type scupper ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Finally finished rebuilding my 1996 challenger and took it out and broke it in. It has a Thru-hull old style scupper that is bringing a lot of water into the boat. I bought a TH marine ball type scupper, I’m just confused how these install? Do i remove the thru-hull scupper completely to install the ball type ? Or do i leave the original in and just put the new ball type on top?

If i remove it completely what holds the hose in place ?

Thanks!

IMG_3951.JPGIMG_3952.JPG

Get a thin flat screw driver and a mallet,,,and knock off the original retaining sleeve,,,and proceed from there,,,keep in mind,,,did you check that the hose at the scupper is not leaking?

Thank you! I changed it out and not a single drop of water in the boat now !
What Scupper did you get? I have the OE one and as you, I was getting a lot of water in the passenger area when sitting in place on the water. I purchased a plug for the drain hole near the driver seat and that works for me but I'd love to solve that properly.

Can you add a link to what you bought?

Does this look like the same one as you bought?
https://www.amazon.com/T-H-Marine-Flow-Max-Scupper/dp/B000XBHNH4

What Scupper did you get? I have the OE one and as you, I was getting a lot of water in the passenger area when sitting in place on the water. I purchased a plug for the drain hole near the driver seat and that works for me but I'd love to solve that properly.

Can you add a link to what you bought?

Does this look like the same one as you bought?
https://www.amazon.com/T-H-Marine-Flow-Max-Scupper/dp/B000XBHNH4
That is the exact one i bought!; part number (FMS-1-0-DP). Make sure you install it properly! Not a single drop of water now even when sitting 15+ minutes in the water with 4 people in the boat.

That is the exact one i bought!; part number (FMS-1-0-DP). Make sure you install it properly! Not a single drop of water now even when sitting 15+ minutes in the water with 4 people in the boat.
Yeah that's pretty epic. I wonder what the difference is? Maybe the rubber for the seal is very pliable or something. But that's cool it works for you. I'm going to buy it now.

Yeah that's pretty epic. I wonder what the difference is? Maybe the rubber for the seal is very pliable or something. But that's cool it works for you. I'm going to buy it now.
Well to be frank you will know why the boat is taking on water once you get the oem scupper off. Its a terrible design… and with age it completely becomes useless. Here is a pic of my oem one that i took off compared to my new one

Attachments

• E73AB51B-8638-43E0-A31C-EBEE787AB30B.jpeg
    E73AB51B-8638-43E0-A31C-EBEE787AB30B.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 44F5D3B5-1F5E-4E86-A637-368EB71BF743.jpeg
    44F5D3B5-1F5E-4E86-A637-368EB71BF743.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 8BB257BA-6269-47EE-974A-07DF52F0A69F.jpeg
    8BB257BA-6269-47EE-974A-07DF52F0A69F.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 7
Well to be frank you will know why the boat is taking on water once you get the oem scupper off. Its a terrible design… and with age it completely becomes useless. Here is a pic of my oem one that i took off compared to my new one
So, it turns out that my original scupper was exactly like the one you bought. But it was getting a lot of water in the passenger area.

I bought the new one per your suggestion above, noticed it was exactly like what I already had, but, the rubber seal on mine was warped. Likely due to age so the ball would not seal correctly.

I replaced it, and not a single drop get's into the boat. These scuppers really are top tier! I no longer need to use the big rubber plug to plug the hole at the driver seat.

One tweak at a time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back