Hot rod sporster LE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewheels

Finally finished my resto prod.
It´s a modelyear 2000 and came from florida to sweden in 2004/2005. Can imagen that it was 15 years of filth in the enginecompartment and hull that I was cleaning out :eek:

Rubbed and polished hull
Painted rubrail (from purple to black. the outer one not mounted yet)
DIY sliver flake vinyl upholster
Blue flake custom steeringwheel
Painted diffusor and engine-lid
New hydroturf matts (royalblue with black diamonds)
Blue led interior lights
Powdercoated exhaust and mounts

Repairs also includes bilgepump,engine comp. fan, new top end , new latherns, some gelcoat repairs, cracked diffusor, carbs rebuilt.

Left to do is fixing the gauges. Non of them worked. Like at least to have fuelgauge and rev. A new lightswitch for interiorlights and nav. Smack on the outer rubrail. fix new fastners to my binimitopp.

Pics.......

Attachments

• 20150824_212302.jpg
    20150824_212302.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 20150825_191651.jpg
    20150825_191651.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 280
  • 20150828_145351.jpg
    20150828_145351.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 259
  • 20150828_145406.jpg
    20150828_145406.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 247
  • 20150828_145421.jpg
    20150828_145421.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
On my 95 speedster I replaced the tac's with some digital ones. Added a nice touch! Also the fuel gauge wasn't working. The float had lost its magnet got one of these and it worked fine! Also my speedometer was broken, but instead of fixing that I just put in a blank! I figured you have got all this down, but in case you were in need of ideas! Great looking boat, and good luck with the rub rail, it is a pain in the butt!

Actually the rubrail went fine....suprisingly. rubber malet
Fuel gauge is still out of order. finally order one of those floatmagnets but it was out of stock. Should be back in august!!!
Tach is worse. Have put in a analoge aftermarket but can get any signal...
Same thought about speedgauge. Didn't bother fixng it
Actually made the first long test ride today. Had some engine problem last season and still at the beginning of this season,but works fine now

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I am glad to hear you got it all going! I never bother replacing the speedo, and only one of my tachs was working properly. I bought blanks for the holes, "2 1/8 INCH BOAT BLANK GAUGE PANEL FILLER" was what it was for mine. Looks great!

Yeah I'm really excited Going out this evening to make the last break-in of the top end and check for any leaks. It going to be hard to completly "trust" this engine after all the hassle but that is like it is

Feels sooo good to finally have the boat on the lake
258.jpg

Have a smal problem with some leakage. Gonna tilt the boat on the trailer and fill the engine compartment to get it sorted

Did a evening ride.....didn't went so well. Trashed the starter bendix had to paddle my way home
Any pro-advices if I should buy a new starter as well? No coggs striped on the curent starter

Up and running again . New starter and bendix. Some basic carb tuning and recheck throttlewire vs oil pump. Two days on the lake no issues.....fingers crossed.
Some fine tuning of carbs left.
Think I narrow down my enginebay filling up with water over night. Those yellow elbows that connect to bilge screen pickup was all way down by the driveshaft. Ziptied them so they are above sealevel......no leakin

284.jpg

One thing tough. Didnt pull the motor when I replaced the bendix. Have a feeling that maybe I nudge the aligment a bit.
My dealer said that the aligment plate for the xp ski and the boat isnt the same, supposed to be different pump housing. Can anyone confirm?
Boats was never sold here in sweden just skis.

That light is sweet. ^the alignment tool should work, if not for xp then a gtx if the tools are different between the to

Thanks
It's more or less ongoing with small upgrades as I go. Overall the big things are finished. I do miss a tower, some speakerpods and a led bar but that have to wait till next season

Wow...your boat really came out nice...I like the colors and the graphics look awesome. Glad you're finally enjoying your boat and who doesn't like a clean boat. Looks like you had a great evening at the lake..so serene. These boats are a lot of fun and nice we can do most of the work on them ourselves...Thanks for the invite to see the great pics...

Thanks [emoji16]
I enjoy restoring it as much as riding it. It's offcours not 100% troublefree but it's very cheap to buy compare to the fun level [emoji16][emoji109]
Saving up for a tower....will be the icing on the cake [emoji41]

This season I finally got my tower [emoji16]
Did a complete overhaul of the pump and driveline. Had some trouble geting the pump seal agains the rideshoe with the new aftermarket wearring.
First real ride was yesterday
d02b461c199abf96c649a177b79167b3.jpg
9b580e16d33732ed21e74ead052ee2f4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back