Hi all

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

serb87

Hello everybody!

I'm new here, I have been reading all the amazing posts for a while now and there is definitely some great information here!!! I just purchased my 1998 Seadoo XP Limited a few months back, and I'm loving it! Can't say its all been a walk in the park though hahaha

First day out the wind blew the tow rope under the ski while i wasn't paying attention and well you guessed it, it got sucked into the intake grate and wrapped around the shaft :banghead: lol, that was fun chopping all the rope off of the shaft using a craft knife!:thumbsup:

Then had a race with my bro who owns a 2000 XPL (same day by the way) and hit a steel boy under the water that I couldn't and didn't see :willy_nilly:! That was fun fiber glassing the hull lol good experience! Looks new again though:hurray:.

Third time I took the ski out I went wave jumping in swells around the 3 meter mark (swell was messy and all over the show), after the 4th wave jump which got me pretty darn high another wave hit me from the side as soon as I landed! In a nut shell, the ski tipped and filled up pretty fast as the swell was hammering me! Due to some kind of divine intervention the swell pushed me and the ski back to shore!!! Engine was hidro locked and filled with salt water! Took me a few days to clean the engine and rid it of water, got it all running and no damage, runs mint!

Then took it out again after fixing it after the tip and the main engine fuse kept blowing? Traced it to the magneto and took the housing off, found that there was a small pin of foreign metal in there (from previous rebuild from the other owner most probably) well that small pin like wire shorted the stator and blew it! Imported a new stator from the states and refitted it, mounted the casing back on, adjusted oil pump, inserted new fuse, connected battery and first pop it RAN like a dream, taking it out tomorrow for a BURN!:thumbsup:

Well that's my hello and I am sure I will be here to look for advice in the future, and to provide some.

Hahah nah I love the water, plus I enjoy working on it when it breaks lol! Just got a wakeboard and its awesome, nothing like snowboarding but dam it hurts when the water hits you in the ass at 50+mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back