Hi All, looking to buy a Speedster 150

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MameKid

Hello All,

I’m brand new to this forum, I currently have a seadoo GTX DI 2002 ski, and it’s now time for me to upgrade to something a little bigger.

My plan is to buy a new speedster 150, 255HP 2010 model in a months’ time, I would love a speedster 200 but is out of my price range, the prices for Speedster in Australia are around $40,000 AU for the 150 and $65,000 AU for the 200.

I always by my toys new as I don’t want to buy someone’s else’s problems with a second hand boat (been bitten before).

I have a few questions to ask regarding the speedster 2010 model:

Does the Supercharger still have ceramic washer problem where it needs to be changed around 10Hours or so?

I’ve heard about wear ring damage, how often does the ring needs to be replaced and what type of money are we talking about. I’ve read in some cases you can turn the ring around and extend its life.

Thank you

Hello and welcome from so far away
:cheers:

wear ring when you need it. Its a $40 dollar part.
$200-$300 dollars labor or free if you can do this

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=30720

Its every 100 hours for the washers.
A $400-$500 stealer visit iirc or do it yourself and send out SC.

from another looking for a boat thread

A dealer will charge $400 to $700 to change them, depending on how much they inflate the parts prices, and what they charge for labor, and what they require. (they may want to do an oil change with it)

I'd call your local dealer, and ask.

Pesonally... I like new toys, but I don't like the high RPM 4-stroke engines. They are very reliable, and make good power... but things like the supercharger washers get expensive, (even the tool steel washers need changed every 100 hr's) and when the engine finally gives up, it will cost $3500 plus labor for a new one. The regular failure is that they drop a valve, and that jug eat's itself.

A 2-stroke is also reliable, and much cheaper to keep running.

and

You can get the supercharger rebuilt for less than $450 if you remove it yourself and send it away for the rebuild and then reinstall it. If you're decent with tools removal/install is no big deal. If you're very good with tools you can buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself for around $375. Again not a big deal for a weekend mechanic. All parts and details are readily available on the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

I have a few questions to ask regarding the speedster 2010 model:

Does the Supercharger still have ceramic washer problem where it needs to be changed around 10Hours or so?

Thank you

The 2010 Speedster does not have ceramic supercharger clutch washers. Speedster supercharger ceramic washers were phased out in late 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back