Here's an in depth video on the new Scarab

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Loved it. Not exactly an unbiased comparison. Anyone got an idea how much the Scarab costs?

Lou

I'm hitting the Detroit boat show on Saturday and plan on interrogating the scarab guys. Hopefully they'll be nice and let me get it on video. When I know what it will cost, you will too.

And yea it's a little biased but informative.

The base model with the 200hp engine (no 150 offered by scarab) starts at 32k and the HO model (250 hp) starts at 35k. Add graphics package and wake tower and you'll be close to 40k in no time. This is for the 185 model. The larger 195 is more expensive. The sales guy told me that both the 185 and 195 were supposed to be the new challenger models but seadoo pulled the plug and sold the design to scarab.

Now the Glastron 185 is a different animal. It is a Glastron 185 stern drive hull that has been adapted for a jet drive. They offer the 150hp starting at 23k for the base model, high 24s for the 200, and mid 26s for the HO 250hp model. These are not available with iControl like the scarabs (optional on scarab) are. Wake tower is an extra $2499 on the Glastron and similar on the scarab. Both come with a trailer with swing away tongue. Show special was BRP offering a 5 year warrantee on the powertrain (3 years is standard) and lifetime on the hull. I believe the lifetime hull warrantee is standard on the Glastron even after the "show special" expired.

I recently went to a boat show here and was shocked at the prices for new boats, so by comparison the pricing of the new Scarab's doesn't sound all that bad. The boating industry has just about priced themselves out of the market for the average consumer.

Lou

I recently went to a boat show here and was shocked at the prices for new boats, so by comparison the pricing of the new Scarab's doesn't sound all that bad. The boating industry has just about priced themselves out of the market for the average consumer.

Lou

I agree. I was looking at a ski boat and found nothing I liked under 60k. Can't afford that

had a good look at the 195 yesterday, nice but nothing new or a must have.

Also the seats are crazy low, way way to low. Also, Couldent stop banging my head on the tower.. Uff

i am in the market for a upgrade for my 230 sp, so i will have a good look at the 24 feet chaperal, uhh i heard good news, it will have a head!!!! Cant wait to see that. Next year..

Hold on your doo if you can, i always looked at the seadoos ( only have experience with the 200 speedster, 2009 230 se and the 2012 230 sp ) as a "cheep" boat - now i know they are not, the scarab is not in its own class.

I do have to agree that the scarab is nothing new or must have. I like the Glastron jet boats better myself and they are almost 10k less.

Back