Help with spare tire/wheel and mount for pwc trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwittema

Hi All,

Took my 2000 GTX out this weekend in New England (yup...frigid) after doing TONS of work to her. She ran great but I noticed the bunk carpet is torn off the trailer after sitting all winter... this opened a can of worms and I also greased the bearings, winch, and replaced the lights.

Anyway, I don't have a spare for this, and I'd like to flat-mount one on the tongue (so I can walk on it while launching). Do I need anything other than those long U-bolts to mount a spare?

Where is a good place to get a package of tire+wheel+mounting kit? Trailer I believe is the original 2000 Karavan model.

Thanks for any and all help!

~Nick

What I did was, go to a junk yard (my family owns one so i went to ours), opened the trunk of a few imports and looked at how their spare tires were mounted. Most had some sort of a J-bolt and a large wing nut on top. I took these parts and drilled a hole in the tube of my trailer frame, put the J-bolt up through the frame, then through the rim, ten installed the wing-nut. Tightened it all down and it has been perfect to this day...

The hole goes through both the top layer and the bottom layer of the frame. The J part of the J-bolt stops the bolt from going through the lower part of the frame and also hook the outside edge of the frame, (Which stops the bolt from spinning around).

Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back