Help with oil tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

minime

Anyone ever had to change out the elbow fitting on the bottom of the oil tank. Mine is leaking so I need to change the fitting and grommet. I was just wondering if anyone had any tricks to doing this on a 97 speedster. I do have the shop manual.

Attachments

• oil tank.JPG
    oil tank.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 19
The trick is to tip the tank on end so the oil won't leak out...Then remove the old elbow,It just pops out with a little persuasion. Keep the oil lines straight up so no oil leaks out of the lines( no air bubbles to bleed out later) you might only need the grommet to keep it from leaking. Insert the grommet first than add oil on the elbow and push it into place. Tip the tank back be sure no bubble exsist in the oil lines and fill the tank...done.

Karl

There are 3 (i think) nuts that hold the tank onto the bulkhead, then you have to loosen up the filler tube. Once you get the filler tube pulled off, it will seem like the tank is still stuck, just give it a few good tugs or pry behind the tabs that are over the bolts.
Be careful, you do not want to crack the tank.

Once it is loose, still with all the smaller hoses connected, follow Karl's guide for tipping it on it's side with the return line down and the filler hole up.

You may discover that the return line's grommet may also need to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back