HELP One motor no spark when hot

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowtieatin302

1997 Speedster with twin 717's (720) The Left side motor runs poorly or shuts off and will not restart once it has run a while changed spark plugs cut quarter inch off wires ordered new coil but it is not here yet. Did I do the right thing or did I waste 175 bucks???? any help would be greatly appreciated oh yes i almost forgot the motor is new only about 10 hrs on it :reddevil:

175 wasted...

did you install the RV correctly? Go/rebuild the carbs? Theose coils, are somewhat bulletproof. Probe the white wire at coil, with light tester, while hit'n start button, see if if lights up, if not, then you got problems in stator assy. You check all fuses?

did you install the RV correctly? Go/rebuild the carbs? Theose coils, are somewhat bulletproof. Probe the white wire at coil, with light tester, while hit'n start button, see if if lights up, if not, then you got problems in stator assy. You check all fuses?

What is the RV???? There is no white wire at the coil they are both black with a light secondary color. if i switch those wires from one coil to the other the good motor does not spark and the trouble motor will not either but when i switch back to normal good one fires right up. also mention after sitting for two days hooked hose up and trouble motor started right up once it got warm it started very hard then not at all once again WTF? spark is very intermitin.:reddevil:

Also wanted to mention that seadoo calls this part an ignition coil but part #'s on are 0000 00 00000 C D I so is a a cdi or a ignition coil?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back