help!! my seat came off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito2428

Hello everyone. I have a 2009 speedster 150. The bottom part of the fourth seat that faces opposite from the others came off. It looks like two plastic pieces that hold the seat down broke. Does anyone know what I need to do to repair this?? Thank you in advance for any answers.

seat fastening

I have an '06 Sportster, just looked in the manual, sounds like they are mounted using what they call darts, from the description is sounds similar to the fasteners used to hold inside car door panels on, and that removal may necessitate replacement of these "darts". Should be available online and not costly..

I have an 05 sportster. I called Riva one Saturday and they told me to use sprayable contact cement. I went to Lowes and bought the 3M 90 sprayable contact cements (green can)($12.90). Spray both sides with a good coating. Let dry 5 minutes and then replace seat and put towell with a 10 lb weight on it. It works great but will become loose again over time. i keep some on hand. It is a for sure overnight fix that last months of hard running and you do it again. according to the RIva guys thats what they do. If you do alot of wake jumping with 200 lb + people in the seat it may become loose sooner. I weigh 180 and mine lasts all summer and into the spring.

I tend to re-board / climb over the stern a lot and step on the seats which breaks the darts over time. They're not very strong and will probably keep breaking if you've already had problems. On advice from other members, I used velcro and this has worked perfectly for me. Now I can still remove the seats if need be rather than semi-permanent glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back