Help for long voyage in a seadoo. challenge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day,

I have recently made a bet with a friend to sail my seadoo challenger (21ft mercury 2stroke 240hp) from Thailand to Kochi,India, then heading down southwest to Maldives and from there to the North eastern part of Indonesia, and finally down to Singapore where the challenge will end.
He thinks I cannot complete the challenge ,but I have accepted and would regret having to turn back. Now i have a few concerns and questions that have arised.

1. After passed Nicobar Islands I would not be able to refuel before I reach india( ca 1000Nm on sea)
Reading threads on this forum it would seem around 1000L of fuel needed ( around 10-13 gallons/50Nm) to reach india, Is that safe to carry so much fuel onboard the boat?

2. weather forecasts , seems that the winds expected to not exceed 12knots and waves 1.5-2m, but the second leg from india to Maldives conditions may slightly worse, this leads to my second and third question:
Will the seadoo challenger be able to handle such weather conditions?

Are there any other precautions that could be taken when crossing oceans in a small seadoo boat , if anyone has attempted such voyages in the past?

Thanks for any help.

Hiroki

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back