HELP! Algae removed and engine still bogging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mods2come

So I went out tonight for a firework event. I joined other boats in a new spot on the river. With the water being lower this year and not seeying much, I realised a little late that I was getting in a thick algae spot. I maneouvered around and felt the engine was boggy then but thought I would fix it after the show... so stopped the engine in a clear spot (no algae). After the show, I went in the water and pulled several handfull of weeds from the turbine tip and the intake. To my biggest surprise, the engine was still hard to start on boggy. I knew I couldn't remove any other stuff (went in water twice). I tried slamming the throttle half way for a second and was super boggy... like nothing coming out of the back and a sound like the engine is under pressure. So I went back to idle in forward and could move forward... so obviously, the turbine must be spinning. So I had some forward momentum and some steering at idle, but after a minute, I a high temp exhaust warning. I could see that there was white smoke coming from the back (likely water vapour, not exhaust fumes). So I stopped the engine for 10-15 minutes... back in the water, nothing else to remove... Tried starting the engine, won't start with check Engine light. Got another boat to tow me to the marina. Before leaving, I tried starting it again and it did, but still with the check engine and boggy feeling.

Obviously, that's enough for tonight! Will be back tomorrow at day time. Question is... any body with experience like this? Why would it move forward on idle but would bog from more gas? Is there anything I can do while the boat is in the water? Do I need to take it out on the trailer as is then remove the bottom grill or something? Could this be just algae or would there be something else stuck in there?

I have lots of questions but I'm scrambling for a plan tomorrow...

Just a guess but possibly you have filled your exhaust with algae? This my cause extra back pressure and a bogging scenario. Once back as a kid in my party days i backed my car through a ditch and my exhaust pipe rammed into the grade. Couldn't figure out why it would only bog down after i began going forward. I seen the divet in the ditch and noticed the end of the exhaust pipe was full of dirt. Cleaned it out with a screw driver and off i went

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Just a guess but possibly you have filled your exhaust with algae? This my cause extra back pressure and a bogging scenario. Once back as a kid in my party days i backed my car through a ditch and my exhaust pipe rammed into the grade. Couldn't figure out why it would only bog down after i began going forward. I seen the divet in the ditch and noticed the end of the exhaust pipe was full of dirt. Cleaned it out with a screw driver and off i went

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Exhaust looked ok. I got the boat out and to the dealer. I'll keep you guys posted...

While navigating at slow speed in the dark, the intake sucked a boat rope (not mine) which got tangled in the turbine. Dealer removed and inspected the unit. All is good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back