Help 2004 seadoo gtx 4-tec supercharged with milky oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam1222

I need help my jetski has milky oil i changed it 2 times and ran it for 15 min with a hose and it turned milky. this jetski was sitting for 4 years without being touched under a cover. i checked the coolant with a pressure tester and it was all good and the coolant level was the same before and after i ran it. so i doubt the coolant is leaking in. there was a little bit of water in the intake tubes(might just be condensation). where should i start to diagnose this issue?
Thanks

Pressure test your intercooler and FYI 2 minutes is the maximum time to run your jet ski on the hose. Your going to smoke your carbon seal.

Also you shouldn't have the hose on without the engine running. It should be ski on then water, then water off then ski off.

Your ski has a closed cooling system but the exhaust is still wet and cooled with water so it is possible to get water back into the engine. If this isn't the case then you could have a leaking oil cooler.

Also you shouldn't have the hose on without the engine running. It should be ski on then water, then water off then ski off.

Your ski has a closed cooling system but the exhaust is still wet and cooled with water so it is possible to get water back into the engine. If this isn't the case then you could have a leaking oil cooler.
yes i know about the hose and how could it be the oil cooler if it oil cooler uses coolant to cool off?

Sounds like fresh water contamination in the oil? Consider components in the fresh water loop, which circulates through the intercooler and exhaust manifold. If either of these had water trapped in them during freezing weather, it's likely they will be damaged.

For instance, water leaking internally in the exhaust manifold, might enter the exhaust ports and if that happens will find it's way into the crankcase.

Fortunately, it's fairly easy to pressure leak check the components in the fresh water circuit, I would limit test pressure less than ~10psi air pressure, to avoid any chance of damaging something.

It will probably take at least 3 oil changes to remove a majority of the water.

It's either coming in through a failed head gasket, blown oil cooler, or blown intercooler. My money is on the oil cooler, I've had one fail on me once. Granted it was probably due to me leaving water in it and leaving it in my garage (disassembled) over the entire winter. But they're easy to diagnose. Drain your coolant, disconnect the oil cooler lines. Plug one of them up, and apply pressure to the other side. If it holds 5-10psi, it's not the problem. Don't over pressurize it, like don't put 90psi of shop air to it. If you need an idea on how to build a pressure tester, let me know.
To remove all that water from the oil will take quite a few oil changes. If you have any good clean used oil, I'd pour that in to soak up the excess water. I had to change it 4 times, then perform the Boil-Out procedure. It's where you block off part of the oil cooler and run the engine on the hose for a while. Careful, it is a good way to cook your carbon seal if you're doing this in the driveway. Also, you can't run it very long in said driveway because of the closed circuit cooling system. You must be in water for the heat exchanger in the ride plate to work. The boil out procedure is listed in the repair manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back