Guages work, no beeps.....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbecu1

Hello,

I am new to the forum, but I am hopeful that someone can point me in the right direction. I own 2 2004 Seadoo GTX ski's. On one of them, the gauge cluster had the problem of the polarizing filter deteriorating and made the display for MPH unseen. Before I removed the cluster, I had taken the ski out and had no problems, except not seeing the MPH when riding. Anyway, I sent the cluster to a guy on EBAY who fixed the cluster and returned it to me. When I put the cluster in, it works as it should (key installed) with the RPM and MPH needles going to the end and back and the display reads "seadoo", but I get no beeps and the ski will not start. If I hit the set button six times, the display reads end and I get a short and long beep.

I am a newbie, so can anyone suggest what to check? Thank you in advance!

Thomas

Well, I figured it out. I swapped the MPEM from one of my ski's to the other and found water had gotten into the fuse case and was causing a weird short. Cleaned it all up and I am back on the water. Thank you all anyway.

Wow you were lucky. That seemed like a quick fix. Thanks for the update. I will add that one to my database of knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back