GTX1996-97 Gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I purchased a set of 1997 gauges for my 1996 Seadoo GTX. The set looked good but the are not the same gauges. LOL The info Center has all the proper connectors so I hooked that one up. I am not sure what the info center is suppose to do. I am kinda happy with it. I'll chase down a wiring diagram (A pin out would be great if I can find one). I am trying to get my beeper to work but don't know where it gets its signal.

So for information purposes, the 1997 Tach definitely will not connect to the 1996 harness without replacing connectors.
The 1997 Speedo looks like it will connect and work but there is no blue wire from the instrument to read the low oil level because that instrument does not have the alert light. The purple/yellow wire is a single and the connector would have to be modified. The 1997 gauges have no indicator lights that will alert for TEMP or OIL LEVEL.

After much checking on the INFO center it looks like all the wires and connectors are the same as the 1996 model. Something has got to be different though if this info center displays alerts for low oil and temp.

The reason I purchased this INFO center is because I damaged my old one playing around with it and I was concerned about connecting it to the system and perhaps toasting something expensive. LOL Starting up the ski, all I got on the info center was the TIME but I did't run it long. I got the whole set with the mount for $140 so I am not complaining. I will probably sell the tach and speedo on Ebay.

Hope this helps someone.

I think I have an info center and speedo for a 96. And I even put a new film on the info center. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks Soccerdad. I think I am OK I may be interested in how to get the new film installed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back