GTS 130, switch to SBT 155?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

randall928

I bought a 2012 GTS 130, the engine is showing signs of a bad head gasket or cracked block(coolant in oil), so I'm thinking of dropping in a SBT engine, if I choose the 155 instead of the 130 will it work? I believe the cam is different, not sure if the 130 ECU will work with the 155. Any advice?seadooooo.jpg

I'm in the same boat. Have a GTS 130 with a blown engine and looking for options. Did you ever do this swap?

Will it work? Yes and no. The only mechanical difference is the camshaft between the two engines but the biggest difference is the ECU although I would expect it to run but won't be 155 hp. If you want a 155, you will need a 155 ECU.

The other problem is the lack of iBR on the gts. If you changed the ECU, you will need to add the ibr system.

on my 2018 gti 130 all that is needed is the mapping (to make it a 155hp)same engine 100 percent from what i read. but for me to remap they still get me for up to 1k may not be worth it. its 25 hp but only like 4mph more on top. depending on the price of remap is the deciding factor for me. im not hole shot crazy only because this is when stuff in drive line breaks .at least on my race boats mercury outboards drive shafts skegs props ,transoms etc etc. i know this is a pwc but im new to pwc but i think hole shots may hurt the drive line even on a pwc if to much hp and hit a waves the wrong way etc etc shit happens . i prefer to have top end. depending on your year motor it may be easy or just not worth the money and or trouble. being my ski is low hp there may not be an issue at all. but ive seen on the higher hp skiis the tunnel is cracking and hull filling with water(the area that supports the pump and inbetween the engine coupler). how is it cracking ? i believe brp didnt make the hull strong enough for those 300 hp motors . and on the hole shot its cracking in that high stress area just my feeling on to much power for the hull strength or the components. i also heard some after market impellers are breaking causing lots of damage.hence the hull is cracking and water filling the hull. theres a post on green hulk scary. damage. but at my low power ski i dont think anyproblem unless brp made my hull thinner based on hp.

Oil in water more often than not is oil cooler
Do leak down test on cylinders and if no fault change out oil cooler
Also before oil cooler check the intercooler by running on hose with hose between intercooler and throttle body off and look for water / moisture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back