GTR 230 vs RXT 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheldon2es

I just realized the GTR is 807lbs and the RXT 230 is only 805lbs. So my whole idea of the GTR 230 being the lightest/smallest performance craft isn’t so true anymore.

They’re only about $1-2k apart at dealers, what would you get? The GTR 230 or RXT 230? basically the 230 GTI hull or 230 in the newer S3 hull? Just looking for a fun cruiser for larger lakes with large boat traffic and still some power to rip some buoys but could also do some jumping. I would think the GTI hull would want to jump better than the S3 since the S3 will cut waves better. That new S3 hull seems to be more GTI sized but with S3 v-style.

Time for a test drive! I would lean towards the rxt for everything except jumping. The GTR is about 3.5” shorter which could make a bigger difference in the ability to jump than the weight.

I’ve done a ton of research over the past year on this. I actually had money down on a GTR. Went and saw it prepped. Honestly wasn’t that in love with it. I wish the GTR has some flake or something in the black.

I hate to admit.. but given the bland paint, potential supercharger issues/maintenance long term that we don’t know about yet, fuel consumption, etc, I’m actually going to check out a 2016 VXR next week.. $8k and 26hrs.. in a perfect work I want 230hp and the supercharger grunt and sound, but for $4k less the VXR seems like a better investment for long term costs and smiles-per-dollar. Especially since I’m just coming off a 2000 RX 951 haha.

I have the cash for either, it’s just I like keeping my cash haha. $4k towards other toys (guns, bikes, quads, dune buggys, mods for all these) is a lot haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back