GSX RFI Cooling Line Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad_GSX

Hi there. I’m continuing my long journey to get my 2000 GSX running (bought it as a non running project) and I’m at the home stretch. Ready to put the rebuilt engine back in the ski but before I do I wanted to make sure I have the cooling system understood. I downloaded the service manual and studied it well. But there are three things that don’t make sense to me. First, the routing of the magneto heat exchanger on my ski was different than the 2000 GSX service manual. Mine was routed like the 2001 GSX manual shows. See the pictures below. First pic is 2000 and second one is 2001.

D284E19D-8DC6-4569-83E5-CA2E3E1BB562.jpeg
91D1F2FA-8723-4794-927F-06E5E538073A.jpeg
You can see that the routing of the magneto heat exchanger is quite different and actually flows in opposite directions in 2000 and 2001. Also, the line headed to the exhaust output at the stern of the ski originates in a different spot in these two years. The question I have is that since my ski was routed like the 2001 diagram, I’m not sure if I should keep it that way or switch it to the 2000 diagram. It is definitely a 2000 ski based on the HIN. Not sure it makes a huge difference but figured I’d ask

My second question has to do with the output of that cooling line circled in red in the diagrams above. It seems that based on the manual, it exits at the exhaust output at the stern of the ski.

03DA9000-24EA-4F3B-965B-668EB806F188.jpeg
Problem is, my ski has no fitting back there. See the pic.
25F0FE9F-CDA4-4C01-9264-B939E5E08755.jpeg
It’s just got a rubber coupler connecting the resonator to the outlet. Unfortunately I did not pay attention to the routing of hoses in this area when I disassembled the ski. Any ideas what I should do with this line?

My last question has to do with my pisser. I have what looks like a factory pisser outlet on the port side just in front of the foot rest and just below the bond line. I don’t see this anywhere in the service manual diagrams. What feeds this line? The only exit lines I see in the diagram are the line exiting near the steering cable on the stern of the ski, the aforementioned line going to the exhaust, and the large outlet by the pump used to back flush the system. What am I missing on this pisser line?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any help you can provide as always.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back