Gsx engine swap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSECONSOPOLUS

Currently shelled the crank in my 787. Browsing SBT for a new engine, I know GSX had a Limited version or a silver engine instead of white. Could i slap a silver in without having to change my computer and electronics etc.? Or should i just mod the dookie out of the 787? Any help much appreciated.:confused:

Well first off if you want a 951 engine your gonna have to buy it out right and they are not cheap, you can find them on eBay here and there.
Sbt will not swap apples for oranges , you get what you got with them. There's no swapping a 787 for a 951 and paying the difference.

951's are a little more tempermental as far as tuning with heavy mods. Most of them are fuel injected and they require some tuning outside of the usual screwdriver and some knowledge. ( I'm not sure about the early white one's that came out in the limited xp and gsx )

Honestly if you wanna just bolt something in and go
Buy SBT, they get a bad rap in these forums sometimes but if your just rec rider out blowing off some steam you can't go wrong, you can't beat there warranty.

If your a weekend warrior or always trying to one up your buddies check out groupk.com. That websight has a wealth of knoweldge available to an inquiring mind. If you wanna mod the crap out of your 800 and have reliability at the same time check them out, the sight is very impressive. It must have taken years of r&d to gather the knowledge they have. Definetly not just another joe jetski selling pipes and piston kits....:cheers:

The xpl came with a silver 951 not white and I believe the 98-02 951's are carbed.I think the DI started in 03.I would think you would have to have a MPEM,drive shaft,motor mounts and lots of small things.It would be a pretty big project.Probably be cheaper to just buy a gsxl.BTW there are alot of 787's making big power and alot of people consider them to be more reliable than the 951.I personally like the tourqe of the 951 but I don't think it would be worth it in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back