Gsx 1997 787 flooding in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi rebuilt my ski about 6 months ago and just gave it a test the other day
. and it's flooding with fuel when parked in water and at idle after a while but runs fine when going bogs a tiny bit on take off not much goes hard didn't ride it to much when I first started it it ran good till parked then it flooded I rebuild the carbs did all pop off it was at 39 psi both and put new seats and needles carbs all set to factory as I used 52mm standard pistons

It's a little difficult to understand what you wrote. But I think I'm hearing it bogs out at times and seems to flood with fuel in the carbs when it sits. First thing on the carb rebuild, did you use OEM mikuni carb kits? Cheaper kits can cause issues you describe. How about a new fuel selector?

Sounds like the needles are leaking. Do you have genuine Mikuni needles and seats? Are the o-rings in the groove on the seat? On a set of carbs I took apart the o-ring was on the bottom of the seat and not in the groove. The ski actually ran but kept flooding after it was shut down. Good Luck !!

Check the pressure relief valves in the fuel system. If tank builds up too much pressure, it will cause a ‘leaking’ needle and seat condition. Does the tank have a lot of pressure when you remove the fuel cap after riding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back