Got no clue what happened...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

yo mama

Hi folks! New poster here so bear with me...

Neighbours seadoo got washed up on the rocks, so being a good Sanmaritan decided to give him a tow...however while we were waiting backed the jets into some fine gravel (unbenownst) started it up and heard the dreaded "blender sound"...shut it down, put it up on the lift and saw a few stones rolling around the outside of the port side impeller...removed the stones, checked for impeller damage :hurray: nothing noticeable,no scratches, chips...hitched him up and towed him slowly at about 2500-3000 rpm to the dock and dropped him off...turned out towards the deep water and started to accelerate could not get any power beyond 3000 in the left engine...stuck it in reverse and gave her a little rev and heard a thump :confused:put her in forward and she seemed to take off fine...but does not have the top end that it used to...still revs to 7000 full throttle, but does not have that characteristic high pitched seadoo whine that is so sweet to my ears...left engine throttle seems to rev easier and faster to 7000 than right, but it is not translating into top end speed...everything in the jet area looks fine, drive shafts are tight, nothing is damaged as far as I can tell...today it had 7000 rpm, no killer top end and seemed to miss as I was giving it throttle with both engines...Started reading the RAVE thread and got to wondering if that might be causing problems, because we did replace all 4 plugs and gapped them correctly and still the problem persists...on another note, even after warming up the left engine seemed to consistently die out when throttled between 1500-2500 rpm, unless you back off on it a bit and then push the throttle up....

(didn't expect my first post to be an essay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back