Good thing I can weld

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCBOY

I had one leaking and another about ready to pop so I fixed all 8. I couldn't find 3/16 so I ended up using 3/8 and its a little overkill but should be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2491.JPG
    IMG_2491.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2492.JPG
    IMG_2492.JPG
    453.2 KB · Views: 50
Thanks. I used to weld every material and every process for about 8 years, now I've been a CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) for the past 8 years. I'm not as good as I used to be, but I think I still got it. I teach welding as a hobby and try do do something's when I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice welds! You'll have all sorts of people on here needing help getting those welded up they all leak at this age, I think it's cool you teach welding for a hobby. Lot's of good people around that want to learn and can't afford the price of a reputable tech school.

Nice welds! You'll have all sorts of people on here needing help getting those welded up they all leak at this age, I think it's cool you teach welding for a hobby. Lot's of good people around that want to learn and can't afford the price of a reputable tech school.

Thanks again. Flattery will get you everywhere :) If anyone is interested in learning how to weld or becoming a CWI go to www.carolinaweldhelp.com.

I can teach anyone with their own welding equipment much faster and you will be much more advanced than most tech schools.

If someone wants me to do the welding it will probably cost you more than a local shop since there is shipping involved but I am more than happy to do any welding if you can get it to me.

Thanks

that definitely won't rot out anytime soon lol

I have several 787 pipes that need welds sitting in my attic but your right, shipping isn't worth the savings, I just keep collecting them for when I run across a welder guy that owes me a big favor then i'm going to drop this pile off and let him get to work lol.

well if you were closer I'd probably do it for free if you had the plugs.

Good luck and I hope you can cash in on that favor.

Well if you ever get a welder or want some advice is be more then happy to help with techniques, materials, or even equipment contact me by email or get on my website and call me anytime.

Thanks. I do have a couple of welders in my garage and sometimes we have stuff at work that needs repair (aluminum pontoons are done by local welder we call, not us "non-welders"). Anyway, I hadn't used my wire welder in a few years, went out there a couple weeks ago to fry a beach umbrella anchor back together and wow, that thing was shooting out wire really fast! I guess last time I used it I was able to handle that rate, LOL, but not that day.

Well next time definitely call me and I can get you to at least make it stick, might not look pretty but it will hold. I could get you to make it look pretty, just fly me down :). I just got home from Lakeland FL last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back