Glove box lid 2009 wake 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tb01970

One of the hinges on the glove box lid broke. I have a new lid but can't figure out how to get it on. I'm afraid I'm going to break one of the hinges again trying to install the new lid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look at the channel on both sides of the box opening, where the two tabs slide. You will see a cut out, half circle area, about in the top third channel of the box. The other side of the channel doesn’t have the cut out half circle area.

Put one tab in the channel that doesn’t have the half circle cut out. Then put the other tab where the cut out circle is and lightly pull or pry the tab into the channel. The half circle area allows you to only have to pry a little bit to get the tab into channel. And a new lid is stronger and more flexible than your old lid.

You will get the tab in the channel and won’t break the tab if you pry and pull where the half circle cut out is.

Doing same here however I am also replacing the latch which is the hard part. How does the spring go onto the rod and latch. I tried to install it but the tension is reversed. I cant find a vid or instructions anywhere.

Sorry I might be too slow to respond, but hope this helps

Attachments

• 556DBE57-AC52-4949-B175-C6B920BFF0A8.jpeg
    556DBE57-AC52-4949-B175-C6B920BFF0A8.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back