Getting PWC into water from a seawall?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long and short of it is my 2016 GTI SE washed up onto a home owners back yard during hurricane Ian. It's currently sitting on pavers that are level to his new dock (recycled plastic material). My thought was to roll some small diameter thick walled PVC under the haul so it can be rolled around. Get the ski to the end of his dock and use my 2007 GTI 155 se to pull it off the dock into the water by pulling all the slack out of the strap and then just flooring the throttle dragging the 2016 ski into the water. Tell me how bad of an idea this is, lol. FWIW my only way to get the ski is to off the dock and into the water, there is no access on the sides of the house to get a trailer back there or even have 6 guys walk it to the front of the house.

Long and short of it is my 2016 GTI SE washed up onto a home owners back yard during hurricane Ian. It's currently sitting on pavers that are level to his new dock (recycled plastic material). My thought was to roll some small diameter thick walled PVC under the haul so it can be rolled around. Get the ski to the end of his dock and use my 2007 GTI 155 se to pull it off the dock into the water by pulling all the slack out of the strap and then just flooring the throttle dragging the 2016 ski into the water. Tell me how bad of an idea this is, lol. FWIW my only way to get the ski is to off the dock and into the water, there is no access on the sides of the house to get a trailer back there or even have 6 guys walk it to the front of the house.
Interesting problem! After maybe 20 seconds of thinking (clearly requires a lot more!) I have one basic question: what is the distance between the dock from which you drag the ski onto the water and the surface of the water? Regardless, if you drag the ski from the front won't the back of the ski drag on the edge of the dock as the ski is being propelled forward towards the water? I'd be afraid of damaging the dock and the jet and bucket. Putting a large piece of plywood between the dock and the ski (adding boat carpet to decrease friction) might help the dock but not the ski. For that reason I'd consider dragging the ski into the water backwards, causing the bow of the ski to be the last part of the ski to leave the dock. Since the bow of the ski doesn't have anything to scrape against the dock there would hopefully be no damage to the ski and little to the plywood protecting the dock. In any case, if possible, please post a video!

Interesting problem! After maybe 20 seconds of thinking (clearly requires a lot more!) I have one basic question: what is the distance between the dock from which you drag the ski onto the water and the surface of the water? Regardless, if you drag the ski from the front won't the back of the ski drag on the edge of the dock as the ski is being propelled forward towards the water? I'd be afraid of damaging the dock and the jet and bucket. Putting a large piece of plywood between the dock and the ski (adding boat carpet to decrease friction) might help the dock but not the ski. For that reason I'd consider dragging the ski into the water backwards, causing the bow of the ski to be the last part of the ski to leave the dock. Since the bow of the ski doesn't have anything to scrape against the dock there would hopefully be no damage to the ski and little to the plywood protecting the dock. In any case, if possible, please post a video!
This is exactly what we did! Luckily someone else notice that the IBR gate would likely hit the dock if I pulled it off nose first so we pulled it off rear first and of course we got a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back