Gas tank vent lines

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metnut

I was working on my 2000 GSX RFI today and noticed that the vent lines from the top of the tank were the old grey hoses. All the gas lines leaving the pump are black hoses. Should the grey vent lines be replaced as well or can I leave them since no gasoline actually passed through them.

What type of material are the larger clear oil lines made from?

Thank you.

It is not necessary to replace the vent lines if you do not desire. However, for peace of mind I changed mine. Personal preference but you should be fine not replacing those.

As said above, no reason to replace the vent line or any fuel lines on the injected skis.

There is no reason to replace the large oil lines unless they are damaged. The OEM ones are polyurethane but people use Tygon to replace them.

The little 3/35" oil lines form the pump to the intake should be replaced every few years as they can break and starve the engine of oil.

As said above, no reason to replace the vent line or any fuel lines on the injected skis.

There is no reason to replace the large oil lines unless they are damaged. The OEM ones are polyurethane but people use Tygon to replace them.

The little 3/35" oil lines form the pump to the intake should be replaced every few years as they can break and starve the engine of oil.
Ok, thank you both for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back